Yes, I’m a fan of alliteration. But mostly, I was just hungry and tired after a long, rainy run tonight. (But inspired – did anyone else see the view of the Lincoln Memorial and Rosslyn from the Monument this evening? Dark, stormy and awesomely terrifying. Wish I had my camera. But I digress.)
Back to my point. Rainy run ramification: ravenous runner. (Alliteration again; altogether annoying. Okay, I’ll stop now.) I threw together this delicious black bean burrito bowl and it took all of five minutes. Win-win.
1/4 cup canned black beans, undrained
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 leaf kale, rinsed and dried (you could also use spinach, but I prefer kale)
1/4 cup cooked brown rice
1/4 cup corn
hot sauce, to taste
a liberal sprinkle of taco seasoning
plain nonfat yogurt
1. Heat up the beans in a small pot over medium-low heat.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat.
3. Shred the kale into fairly small pieces and add them to the pan with the oil. Stir them often so they don’t burn.
4. As the kale begins to cook down, throw in the rice and the corn.
5. Sprinkle a bit of taco seasoning and a splash of hot sauce over the pan and stir.
6. When the pan mixture and the beans are heated through (it took me about 3-4 minutes), remove from heat and spoon it into a bowl.
7. Top with salsa, yogurt (or sour cream) and sliced avocado.
I know the photo doesn’t have any avocado on it, but that’s because I ate it all last time I made this. (Aka last night.)