This recipe was born by accident — I was going to make stuffed flounder tonight, but when I pulled out the flounder I was going to use, it was a little questionable. I had already made the stuffing, so I tested this out:
a thin pad of butter
2 slices of onion, chopped
3 chives, chopped
1 sprig parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
7 or 8 whole wheat Ritz crackers, crushed
a couple of handfuls of shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Heat butter over low heat in a small saucepan.
3. Sautée the onions in the butter.
4. Add the chives, parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Once the onions are translucent, turn off the heat and stir in the crumbled Ritz crackers.
6. Spray a small glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Put the shrimp on the bottom of the dish and put the cracker mixture on top. Add a couple little dots of butter on top.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the shrimp are thoroughly pink and the topping is browned.
I served this with peas and quinoa topped with spinach, which I had cooked in a pan in a little bit of olive oil and some minced garlic.
I have to give my mom a shoutout on this one — I was on the phone with her mulling over what I should make, and she came up with the idea to bake it in the pan! It came out so much better than doing it in a pan on the stove, which is what I was going to do. Thanks, Mom!